Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Courage

“Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow.” ~ Mary Ann Radmacher

Many of you moms and dads are amongst the courageous; those who get up day after day - tired, but not beaten. My hat is off to all of you. You are making a difference to a child (or 2 or 12 or 40) by just trying and trying and trying again. Even if it looks like failure and feels like failure; there is success in the very attempt.

I sometimes forget to give myself a break; my own expectations for myself as a mother get in the way of my reality. That often causes me grief and stress, and no little amount of guilt. Yet, when I can step back and just breathe for a moment, I can see that, although not perfect, I am just brave enough to say, "I'll try again tomorrow."

The days that are toughest are the ones that I just can't say that. I don't know about you, but those are the ones that eat away at my own belief in myself and my parenting.

So, here's to you, me, and all of us and to that quiet strength that whispers, "Okay, one more day."

Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment