Friday, January 28, 2011

AFABC


I'm very excited - the Adoptive Families Association of BC has offered/agreed to be connected to the retreat! I've been a volunteer with them for a few years now, since I started up our local Coffee & Chat group. I've alway been impressed by their willingess to take on the tough stuff about adoption; to ask the questions that we, as individual parents, cannot always ask the politicians, social workers, etc.

More than anything else, I feel that the AFABC is there for people at every stage in the adoption process. My children love to see the celebratory pictures (they felt like stars when their own announcement was published). My eldest often turns to the profile, as she feels deeply about children remaining in the foster system. We've borrowed books from the extensive library, gathered great advice on the phone and from the website, and had some great discussions at our coffee & chat group.

I think this is awesome news! (And, I want to send a special shout-out to Dianna, who is such an amazing 'adoption support coordinator.' Thanks!!!

And - look! We're even on their website. How cool is that!

No comments:

Post a Comment