Friday, April 8, 2011

forty-nine

Forty-nine - that's not my age (not quite yet) but the number of days until Moms Away! I'm so excited, and yet, a little nervous.

When I first started organizing this, I thought, "Oh well, I'll go even if no one else does." Now, however, there are nine other moms giving up time with their families to travel here and hang out together. We seem to have two groups of five moms who know each other in real life. I think it's interesting how that has come together.

I haven't spent a bunch of time worrying about people getting to know one another, knowing that women can usually find something to talk about. However, I do want it to be more than just a weekend away (although that's good in itself). I so want it to be a place where the unthinkable can be thought, the unspeakable can be whispered, spoken, or maybe even shouted. I want it to be a place of healing, resting, laughter, relaxation, good food... I deeply desire that the women will find something over the weekend that will help them in even a small way.

Don't want much, do I? I guess I just don't want to disappoint these amazing women.

No point fretting about it now. In just 49 sleeps, I can fret about it in real-time!

2 comments:

  1. I am SO excited for you all! It will be amazing. You don't have to worry. Just being together will be enough. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just make sure there is lots of wine and I can guarantee it will be a success...at least for me anyway!

    ReplyDelete