Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Just two more months

Moms Away 2014 is just 65 days away. It's hard to believe it's been almost a year since our last retreat. Much has happened in my own life since we were last together, and I'm certain that is the case for many of the other moms as well.

Each year around this time, I start to think about what this year's MA will be like. This will be our fourth retreat, and every time, it is different for me. There are some years that I am the supporter; other years that I need the support. Some years I laugh more than I cry; the opposite is also true.

The women who find their way to this retreat often change as well. There are a few of us who have been every year; sometimes, once is enough.

Having said all that, there are some aspects of Moms Away that just don't change, regardless of the food served, the weather outside, the list of attendees, or the optional activities on tap. Each year, someone who needs a bit of support just to make through to the next month, finds it. And, each year, someone who was feeling all alone in her adoption journey will find out that there are others walking a similar path.

- And, every year, at some point, there will be tears, there will be laughter, and there will be comfort.

You are not alone.  Join us and find your own reasons for being a mom away. You will return to your family with new ideas, new energy, perhaps a new commitment to this path.

No comments:

Post a Comment