Sunday, April 15, 2012

Mama2Mama

About 8 months ago, I created a Kiva team called "Mama2Mama." Kiva is a microbanking organization that provides loans to the working poor. Typically, these are people that cannot obtain funding from regular banks. I join my money with that of other contributors. The people who receive the money repay it as they can (like, one dollar a month for two years, for example.)

Someone contributed a large amount of money to encourage people to join this microbanking effort. For a short time, you can use that person's money to make a $25 loan to a person or group in another country. If you're interested, you can follow this link: http://www.kiva.org/invitedby/teresa9205

I've been interested in microbanking for about 15 years. I believe that, when women and girls are supported, they change the lives of their families. (I'm sure it works the same for men as well; my focus is just on the mamas.)

As mamas, we all know what a little support can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment