Thursday, May 24, 2012

Letter to the mamas

Driving to work this morning, I found myself unexpectedly emotional. I was thinking of all the things I need to do still to get ready for Moms Away this weekend (tomorrow!!), and then I started thinking of all the mamas who are also getting ready. Getting ready to kiss their beautiful kids farewell for just a couple of nights; giving them extra snuggles and reassurances that "mommy always comes back"; feeling conflicting emotions of excitement, fear, nervousness, anticipation, and hope.

I'm so grateful that 16 other women have chosen to come away with me to a beautiful house in the mountains for a couple days of relaxation, fun, and hopefully connection. You moms give your hearts and souls to your children everyday. You worry about how they will adjust in school; whether or not they will heal from those early days; how you will maintain relationships with birth family members because that matters to your child; how you will tell your child the tough stuff; sometimes how you will get through the next ten minutes.

My hope is that for a couple of days, you can let someone else worry about you and take care of you. That you can put your feet up if that is what you wish. That you can sleep in as long as you want and have a cup of coffee waiting for you whenever you decide to come out of your room. That you can connect with a friend or two. That you can lay the worries down for just a few hours, and that when you pick them up again, perhaps they are just a little bit lighter.

I am feeling so blessed to be surrounded by all you amazing women - and I don't even know you all yet.

Safe travels; I will see you tomorrow!

Hugs,
Teresa

1 comment:

  1. Teresa, you are such a blessing to us all. I believe there are gifts given to each of us, and to me it is evident that your gift is a Servant's Heart. You reach out and take care of other people's needs in a way that makes me feel very special! Thank you for all you do to make this time of get-away refreshing and surreal! Hugs, Justine

    ReplyDelete