Sunday, May 29, 2011

Home again

Thank you so much to all the amazing women I met - or reconnected to - this weekend. I haven't really processed all that I got out of the weekend other than a deep appreciation for the work that you all do. And, by saying so, I can also pat myself on the back for sticking with this day after day.

I appreciated the words of wisdom, the common ground we all walk upon, the different perspectives and experiences, the laughter that sometimes bordered on hilarity and sometimes on tears, the peace, the walks, and so much more.

Perhaps in a month or two, I'll have a greater sense of what it is that I really learned. For now, it was enough that I was just there, surrounded by a panel of parenting experts. You ladies rock - seriously!

2 comments:

  1. Teresa, It is always hard to come away from these weekends and know what to say. It is a bit of a sacred experience, really, and you won't WANT to share it, and there won't be words to be able to share what it really meant.

    I will be thinking of all of you this week as you go through re-entry, which can also be a tough time. Keep breathing, one foot in front of the other, and remember that you are not alone, none of you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just so happy to be with others who "got me" and didn't expect anything of me...Thank you...

    ReplyDelete